Having students that leave your class feeling refreshed and rejuvenated is not an easy feat to achieve always. However with some simple steps it is possible to ensure there is a lot of positive energy in your yoga class that will bring about the desired result and keep your students coming back for more.
Making small changes so that your sessions will always have the excitement levels, so important to keeping students interested today, is something worth exploring. The following are some simple measures that can be taken to ensure there is as much positive energy as possible being imparted in your yoga classes.
· Focus on providing sessions that will give your students all the different elements that yoga is usually known for. Workouts should have a combination of stretching, strengthening and balancing motions where the students are able to achieve their ideal level that helps to release positive energy into their body and mind. The core workouts should not be too mentally or physically challenging especially if your class is at the beginner’s level, but at the same time, the poses should have just the right amount of challenge tagged to it.
· Switch your yoga routines continuously so that there is no chance of allowing boredom to seep into any given routine. Students generally look forward to a combination of simple routines with an incorporation of just a small percentage of challenging poses. This is so that they can first harness the positive energy, the simple poses will bring forth in order to contemplate the more difficult ones. There will be a higher sense of achievement if the sessions are done in this manner, as the positive energy expounded will be exhilarating. This kind of combination also helps to ensure everyone is sufficiently challenged at every session and no one is left feeling like a beginner all the time.
· Although some people look upon yoga as having some spiritual connections, you can create an environment where this is kept to a minimum, so that everyone can enjoy the sessions. There are many student who like the idea of yoga but are not particularly spiritually inclined, so designing sessions that leaves out the bulk of the spiritual element, can help make the classes more accessible to others and also help to bring forth positive energy. Those students who are not particularly interested or inclined to pursue the spirituality of yoga will not be stressed about offending those around, if the movements and poses are directed in this manner.
· Keeping sessions serious is not always necessary to ensure everyone enjoys positive energy. Remembering everyone’s names and infusing a little light banter into each session will help everyone relax and naturally bring out the best in themselves. This is the ideal ingredient to ensure positive energy flows or at the very least becomes contagious during and after the sessions. Ideally this would leave everyone happy and content and in a “good” place when they leave their yoga session.
· A yoga instructor, who takes the time to observe each and every student both within the class environment and after the sessions, should ideally be able to tell if the sessions are benefiting and bringing out the positive energy intended. Where the positive energy has not been successfully brought forth or enjoyed by the student, it would be a good idea to spend some quiet time with the individual, exploring and finding out more. A caring instructor is a positive energy in itself and when this is evident, all the students will feel this positive energy immediately right from the very beginning, when entering a session.
© Copyright – Aura Wellness Center – Publications Division